Thursday, April 9, 2009

I am 15 weeks?! Where did the time go?!?!


Wow. I have not been on here to update in too long...sorry!
A lot has gone on, too.
On the 23rd of March, I started throwing up in the evening and I knew something was wrong because I really only got sick in the mornings before that. The next morning, I woke up and threw up 3 times before I went to work and also once on the way. By the time I had thrown up 3 more times at work, I realized I could not make it through the day and watch 2 three year olds. James' feeding relies on me (or his Mom) and I knew that His mom needed to come home to take over. I went home, and could not keep ANYTHING down, including water. Come Wednesday (the next) night, I hadn't stopped throwing up so we headed to the E.R. after talking to an advice nurse. Turns out I had a pretty bad bladder infection, and I was severely dehydrated. After a few bags of fluid, a very blurry but exciting first ultrasound (see above) and some antibiotics, we were headed home at 4 in the morning!! Took the next day off, too.
I had a Dr. appointment on the 30th and I FINALLY met my OB! I had seen the nurse up until then. Let me just say that this Dr. had come highly reccomended from a friend, and everytime someone would ask who my Dr was, they would be impressed that I had gotten in with him. I absolutely love my Dr. He is just great. To make matters even better, I was talking to a friend who just delivered (with the same Dr.) and she said that she went into labor on a Saturday and that wasn't his weekend on call. She had been so dissapointed, but understood. Well, he showed up to deliver her son anyway!! Not that I expect the same thing to happen with me, but to see that he cared so much to be there shows me that he is a good person on top of being a good doctor. My appointment went well. The doctor was happy with my progress, although with my being sick the week before, I had lost 15lbs and he was concerned and doesn't want me to lose anymore...as if I was trying! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and it was a little fast (so says the Dr.), but he was quick to assure me that that DOES NOT always mean it's a girl. We didn't even think about that, but I guess a lot of women have heard an old wives tale about a faster heartbeat meaning it's a girl. We don't care.
I am still throwing up about 2-3 times a week and I'm waiting for it to subside....maybe??? I have also started getting a tweak in my back pretty regularly, but with a husband who's willing to work out my kinks, I can deal with it.
Each day is a learning experience and comes with a new feeling. I get so tired doing the simplest things-like walking up stairs or making the bed. It is such a weird feeling! It makes me feel helpless, but I am so glad my body tells me when I need to take a break. I am feeling the baby growing more and more, too! I can't feel him/her moving quite yet, but I can definately feel my little pebble in there! My organs are moving all around and they are being pushed up into my ribs. Not the most comfortable thing ever.
I am no longer able to wear my regular pants. I know, I need to post a picture! My camera broke and we are in the process of choosing a new one. I have a generous belly growing a little each day. I like it though.


Next Dr appt : April 27th

PS Mindy is doing GREAT now and has been taken off bedrest. Her back is in much better condition, and she is now at 28 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment