Friday, January 7, 2011

One year Dr. Appointment


I am aware Miles turned one 3 months ago.
We are behind on our appointments. Because of work, I am only able to take Miles in on Fridays which make it harder to get appointments around the right time, and to make things better, my terrible memory (really...does it come back? I STILL have pregnancy brain!) helped me to forget his 1 yr appointment last month. :( Boo!
So it was rescheduled for today.

I've mentioned in the past how much I truly love our pediatrician, but let me re-visit that. I LOVE our pediatrician. Because his practice is so small, he know us. He remembers everything, and he cares so much. LOVE him.

Ok. Back to Miles ;)
Miles is doing so well! He is in the 75th percentile for his height, and in the 50th percentile for his weight (tall and skinny...sound like someone you know?!). Dr. Wang is pleased with Miles verbal skills and just loved watching Miles sign various signs. He told me that it is ok that Miles obsesses over pulling the cotton fuzz off of his blanket Grandma Fincke made him and eating it, that his head injuries are not as terrible as I think they are, and explained what we could do to help get Miles's poop to a better...consistency?
Then came the shots. He had four today. I do well with shots. Better than I thought I would with my own son. Having been a nanny for 6 years, I have been to many dr appointments and witnessed (sometimes helping to hold a child) many many shots I knew what I was in for and had mentally prepared myself for Miles's shots. It has worked well so far! What I do not like is
the night after he gets shots. Poor guy has a tough time. Tonight has been no different.

But we are just so pleased with how this whole year has gone, and that Miles is doing so well!


No comments:

Post a Comment