Saturday, November 27, 2010

Did You know? Cradle Cap edition

Miles has had nasty cradle cap since he was born. (For anyone without kids, cradle cap is bright yellow oily flakes on your baby's scalp, kind of like dandruff, but it doesn't flake off.) Now, I know that cradle cap is not painful, itchy, or even uncofortable for your baby. It's not even necessarily a bad thing! Our problem is that Cameron and I are both pickers. We were picking at Miles scalp to try to clear it up, when in reality his body would just make more.

I did tons of research on what I could do to clear it up. Many people use the special cradle cap shampoo and say that it is ok, but there are also those that say it didn't work on bad cases. Didn't want to spend money if it doesn't work!

What I found from mother after mother was that *Olive Oil* did the trick!!


Did You Know?!

I rubbed a small amount of Olive oil into Miles's hair (it was regular olive oil, pretty sure EVOO works fine, too!) . I let it sit while he ate his dinner so he wouldn't make a mess of the house,

then stuck him into the tub to play. I rubbed his scalp with a baby brush as directed, but that wasn't really getting the flakes up. so I took a comb and brushed with a slight amount of pressure backwards (forehead back) a few times. I then washed his hair twice and finished his bath. Result: No Cradle cap 2 months later!!!!

What a great trick!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment