Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Fincke, Aunt Katie, Uncle Andrew & Uncle Danny's Visit!













Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I had been looking forward to my family coming to visit.
My sister Liz (Auntie Fa) came to visit over the summer and brought her boyfriend, Luke and we loved having them here to enjoy my pregnancy with me! Can't wait to see them again for Christmas!

Four days after Miles was born, Aunt Katie flew in despite her husband, Uncle Matt having had surgery the day before to repair a skull fracture! He was fine, and had plenty of family/friends to help out so Katie stuck to the plan and I am so glad she did! I was so happy to have her here, and for her to get to meet Miles so soon after he was born. We spent time visiting and she got plenty of holding time in before my parents and brother arrived Saturday night.
Miles is the first grandchild on my side, so I was beside myself when my parents finally got to meet this little guy we'd all been waiting so long for! Watching my Mom and Dad hold him and Uncle Andrew being so sweet with his little nephew was wonderful. Timing couldn't have been more perfect, either! Cameron had taken the week after Miles's birth off from work so my family arrived to be at home with me when he went back. Couldn't have PLANNED it any better.

We were able to go to Vacaville for church on Sunday to our old church and their pastor was away, so my Dad preached. What a treat. It was great to see and visit with old friends, and then take the family around to show them how Vacaville had changed in the 5 years since they've been gone.

The next Saturday night, Uncle Danny (Cameron's brother) came by to visit while he was in town on business. He was only able to stay until Sunday afternoon, but it was great to have him here to meet Miles. Next time he needs to bring the fam!! :)

It was too fun having everyone here, and it was hard to have them go. My house is so boring during the day without 6 people in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment